www.88sears.com is the Human Resources (HR) portal site for the employees of Sears Holdings Corporation (SHC), the company behind retail outlets like Sears and Kmart. It is also a place where employees of SHO can access certain functionalities.
How www.88sears.com works
In a nutshell, www.88sears.com is designed to provide the employees of SHC and SHO with the chance for them to perform (for themselves) functions that would, in the absence of the portal, have required them to make visits to their HR offices. It also a portal where the employees of SHC and SHO have the chance to access information that, in its absence (that is, in the absence of the portal), would have required the employees to visit their HR offices for them to access it.
Information you can access at www.88sears.com
Some of the bits of information you can access at www.88sears.com as a SHC or SHO employee include:
- Information on how much you have earned in a given duration of time and the applicable payroll calendars.
- Information on benefits you are entitled to.
- Information on your work schedules.
- Information on training opportunities that are open to you.
There are also a few bits of information that you can access at www.88sears.com, even if you are not a SHC or SHO employee, including:
- General information on the benefits that SHC and SHO give to their employees.
Functions you can perform at www.88sears.com
Some of the main functions that you can perform for yourself at www.88sears.com including:
- Setting up direct deposit to receive your salary through.
- Undertaking training under the ‘learning’ module
- Filling application forms for various things you need as a SHC or SHO employee.
- Undertaking employment verification.
The links system at www.88sears.com
The nature of the links system at www.88sears.com is such that, right on the homepage, there are two types of links, namely:
- Links that can only be followed if you are within the SHC network.
- Links that can be followed even if you are not within the SHC network.
Generally, it would seem that the links that can only be followed if you are within the SHC network are those that are very ‘sensitive’ in nature, whereas those that are accessible outside the network are those that are not so sensitive in nature.
There are also links to the main sites of the stores owned by SHC: those being kmart.com and sears.com for Kmart and Sears stores respectively.
To access your personal information on www.88sears.com, you naturally need to be logged in, by following the MPI – My Personal Information link. But there are general bits of information that you can access even if you haven’t logged into the site: like, say, those contained in the benefits handbooks.